Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mitt's Humor

Three months after suspending his Republican Presidential bid, Mitt Romney, not particularly known for his sense of humor, made a surprise appearance at the recent Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner. Mitt delivered a Top Ten list poking fun at himself and his image. . . and threw a few barbs at Hillary Clinton and Al Gore.

Here, in reverse order, are Mitt's reasons for dropping out of the race:

No. 10 There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought.
No. 9 I got tired of the corkscrew landings of my campaign plane while under fire.
No. 8 As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of varmint season.
No. 7 There wasn't room for two Christian leaders in the Presidential race.
No. 6 I was upset that no one had bothered to check my passport files.
No. 5 I'd rather get fat, grow a beard and try for the Nobel prize.
No. 4 I got tired of wearing a dark suit and tie and I wanted to kick back in a light colored suit and tie.
No. 3 When my wife realized I couldn't win the GOP nomination my fundraising dried up.
No. 2 I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
No. 1 My campaign relied on a flawed campaign strategy that as Utah goes, so goes the Nation.

Good Luck Sir!

No comments: