Friday, April 4, 2008

Suspicious Minds

I confess. Sometimes I have a suspicious mind. Here's an excellent example: I recently read an article naming the five worst Presidents in American history. The article seemed very non-partisan to me - both Republican and Democrat Presidents were included in the list.

The worst President in American history was Jimmy Carter. . . . . . . . can't say that I find much to disagree with there! Fast forward to the present - in the past few days President Carter, although he declined to endorse either Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, certainly with a wink, a nod, and careful parsing of his words clearly indicated that he would like Barack Obama as our next Presidents.

And this is where my suspicious mind gets kicked into gear. Could it be that Jimmy Carter realizes that the only way to get his name off the top of the worst-president-in-American-history list is to be replaced by a future President? Can't say I disagree with him on this one. Barack Obama would have a great chance of knocking Jimmy off the top of the list.

Could be Jimmy's smarter than I thought!

No comments: